A Ministry of The Presbytery of Lake Michigan
Summer camp is just around the corner! Our staff will be on site soon, getting ready for you!
Camp Greenwood will have some great additions to our facilities and programs this summer & we are looking forward to your arrival.
Registrations fees increase the end of this month, so make sure you and your friends get the best deal!
In case you see it before the correction is made, our family camp fee is incorrect on the registration page. Adults are $150, children over 5 are $125, 5 and under free!
Feel free to e-mail or call if you have any
We are bookeing guest groups for weekends in the fall and winter. We would love to host you, so let us know when we can put your
group on the calendar!
2013 Summer Camps
- May Work weekends/Camp cleanup
- June 2 – 14 Staff Training
- June 16 – 21 Teen Serve Camp (service projects for ministry to our local community )
- June 23 – 25 & June 26 – 28 Mini Camps (entering K-3rd, may come as “day camp” 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- June 23 – 28 Pathfinders (campers entering 3rd – 5th)
- June 30 – July 5 Pathfinders (3rd – 5th)
- July 7 – 12 Pathfinders (entering 3rd -5th) and Trailblazers (entering 6th – 8th)
- July 14 – 19 Trailblazers (traditional camp) or Survivor Camp (entering 6th – 9th)
- Aug 4 – 10 North Point Adventure At our North Point campus (entering 9th – 12th) includes camp adventures, in the woods, the lakes, and the Unity Christian Music Festival in Muskegon
- Aug 11 – 16 Family Camp Come as a family and stay in one of our cabins or bring your own RV or tent. 2 parent, 1 parent, grandparents, couples and children of all ages will enjoy a Christian camping experience that includes camp activities shared as a family and a relaxed atmosphere where we do all the cooking and the dishes!
Come and Visit Us!!!
Why You Should Send Your Child to Camp According to the ACA!
- Children become more confident and experience increase self-esteem.
- Children develop more social skills that help them make new friends.
- Children grow more independent and show more leadership qualities
- Children become more adventurous and willing to try new things.
- Children attending camps with emphasize spirituality, realize increased spiritual growth.
Goals for Campers:
- The goal of camp is to foster a Christian community where campers can experience the joy of healthy relationships. Through these relationships we hope for them to gain social skills, learn healthy conflict resolution, and desire to return to camp next year knowing they have and will continue to be loved and cared for.
- The goal of camp is to be a starting point or a point of renewal in the camper’s faith journey. In the context of God’s creation campers will experience God and become aware of His blessings.
We as a staff hope to equip campers to continue growing in faith and serving God upon re-entering their home community.
- The goal of camp is to challenge campers to grow and learn new skills, hobbies, and passions. Through these challenges campers may gain a better understanding of themselves, grow in confidence, and walk away with a sense of accomplishment and a heart of gratitude.
We at Greenwood believe that every part of God’s creation has value. Kids and adults are treated with care, accepted unconditionally and challenged to grow spiritually, socially and physically. Growth happens with cabin devotions, campfire sing-a-longs and having God talks through-out the day’s events.
Our counselors are trained to serve everyone who enters the gates of Greenwood. When campers arrive they will be welcomed by a staff member and directed to the registration desk. Parents are encouraged to see where their child will live, get to know the child’s counselor and stay in touch with your child via emails. Emails sent to the office should have the child’s name and cabin #.
Camp Greenwood is a Christian camp whose mission is to build a community for all ages which encourages Christian growth, models acceptance of individual differences, and nurtures friendships in the out-of-doors as a place for encountering and enjoying God’s good creation.
The Greenwood Agency vision is to become a self-supporting center, providing Christian camping experiences for youth and adults, using our natural setting in a sustainable way.
Camp Greenwood is mandated by the state of Michigan to report all suspected cases of child abuse and neclect. If you suspect a child has been abused and/or neglected, call the Michigan Department of Human Service's hotline at 1-855-444-3911.